Lady sings the blues





Foto: El Secretario

When the moon's kinda dreamy
Starry eyed and dreamy
And nights are luscious and long
If you're kinda lonely
Then nothin' but the blues are brewin'
The blues are brewin'

When the wind through the window
Blows across your pillow
And tells you sleepin' is wrong
If love goes a thirsting
Till you feel like bursting
Then nothing but the blues are brewin'
The blues are brewin'

Suppose you want somebody
But you ain't got nobody
You only get a gleam in your eyes
Till somebody's found you
And put their lovin' arms around you
You got the feelin' you want to die

But when the Lord up above you
Send's someone to love you
The blues are something you loose
You're so busy doing
The things that you're doing
That love ain't got no time
For brewin' the blues




I don't know why but I'm feeling so sad
I long to try something I never had
Never had no kissin'
Oh, what I've been missin'
Lover man, oh, where can you be?

The night is cold and I'm so alone
I'd give my soul just to call you my own
Got a moon above me
But no one to love me
Lover man, oh, where can you be?

I've heard it said
That the thrill of romance
Can be like a heavenly dream

I go to bed with a prayer
That you'll make love to me
Strange as it seems

Someday we'll meet
And you'll dry all my tears
Then whisper sweet
Little things in my ear
Hugging and a-kissing
Oh, what I've been missing
Lover man, oh, where can you be?
<

Comentarios

El Secretario ha dicho que…
Hola de nuevo Meme.

Vaya homenaje a la dama del blues...

Y esa foto...

La saqué hace como... ¿20 años?

Era una etapa muy oscura de mi vida. Compré un carrete en b/n y me dediqué a tirar fotos en vertederos, ruinas, arroyos malolientes y ...cementerios.

Hace poco, a petición de la amiga Aurora de "Desprendimientos de retina", colgué algunas de ellas en Flick'r.

Y tú rescatas esta para este día especial y para este homenaje.

Gracias por usarla para este trabajo tan cariñosamente (se ve...), elaborado.

Abrazo bluesónico.
Anónimo ha dicho que…
Un bonito conjunto de música, letra e imágenes.
Un petó.
Nerim ha dicho que…
Maravillosa música y ya no digamos las letras de las canciones. Gracias por compartir este momento musical de tanta calidad con nosotros.
Un beso

Entradas populares de este blog

Oda a la bella desnuda

MARE VULL SER PESCADOR

La puerta